Tuesday, 10 August 2010

The London Mela


Well I very nearly didn't go to this one as I just had a feeling I wouldn't take enough money to make it viable. Against my better judgement I paid my stand costs (very expensive!) and off we set at 7.30am to London.

We had a clear journey and soon arrived on site and preceded to check in and get shown to our pitch. We had a corner site and were directly opposite the kids zone, so all should of been good. These photos were taken in the Kids Zone which had some sort of under the sea theme going on.

Unfortunately it never really got very busy and suffice to say it wasn't worth all the effort as by the time our costs had come out of it, there wasn't really any profit.

This has left me feeling very deflated as this years trading season has been so down on previous years. I don't think its my products as I get good feedback and we work extra hard to make our stall as attractive as possible but the people just aren't buying. I have another festival this weekend which is alot more reasonable so should be quite a relaxed affair I hope. I have cancelled one for the end of the month as on reflection the high stall costs just aren't viable for me!!

Right I have a pile of flower hair clips waiting to be sewn, the little strawberries are bickering once more (the joy of the summer holidays!)

Kerry x

No comments:

Post a Comment