Saturday, 7 August 2010

Womad 2010



Better late than never, here our a few pics from Womad! It was quite a chilled affair but not alas as busy as it normally is. Too many stalls selling tutus always a problem!!!!!!!!

The little strawberries only visited for one night and the Sunday so plenty of our time was spent making up tutus while on the stall. I did spend a very hot hour on Sunday afternoon with my son while he tryed to raise some money by collecting empty plastic beakers from the arena, you got 10p per cup. We managed a grand total of £1.00. Other people were trading them in and getting £30 don't know how they were managing it as we walked round and round and round looking.

I did however come across a stall selling Jofli bears. This is a little bear that comes with its very own bag, packed with a diary and pen. The idea being that you take the bear along wherever you go and then write about it in the diary. You can also take photos and upload onto the main Jofli website. I thought this would be a good idea as I travel around quite abit with my little strawberries. It would be good writing practice and also plotting where we go etc. So far so good, check it out at www.jofli.com

Today was spent at my youngest Strawberrie's birthday party. We held it at a Thorndon Country Park, and it was really good. One of the park rangers take you into the woods and we had a tinkerbell treasure hunt, then we built dens and played hide and seek. The Dad's got a bit competitive with their den!

The party was rounded off with a birtday lunch back at the visitor centre. I would really recommend these parties to anyone. It was all a little strange as it was her birthday last December and I have been promising her a party ever since!!!!! Only eight months late but we got there in the end.

Tommorow the strawberries on the march again, just for the day this time, to the London Mela. www.londonmela.org I have no idea what this will be like as I've never been before but fingers crossed it will be good!!

Kerry x

No comments:

Post a Comment