Wednesday, 8 September 2010

Bristol Kite Festival


Well last weekend I was at the Bristol Kite Festival, in the craft marquee. Craft fairs are not something I do that often but I felt like a change. So the weekend was combined with a trip to my mother in laws in Gloucester and my stall at the Kite Festival.

Saturday I arrived unsure what to expect, but I received a warm welcome from Louise from Sew Scrumptious. I soon had my stall looking as good as I could and then I just had to wait for the customers. The craft marquee got gradually busier, lots of people looking but not so many buying, as is often the case. The days sales were fine in the end and I looked forward to Sunday, as I anticipated this would be the busier of the two days.

Unfortunately Sunday dawned wet and grey, and persisted as such right through until pack up time in the evening, this undoubtly led to poor foot fall in the marquee and therefore less sales.

Never the less I met some lovely people, notalby Louise's who's daughter Izzy had won a tutu from my blog giveaway, so it was great for her to be able to pick her own, and guess what colour she opted for....


Today has been spent setting up a Folksy shop and I have several tutu orders to start on in the morning.

Kerry x

1 comment:

  1. It was lovely to meet you too! I blogged about you as well. http://sewscrumptious.blogspot.com/2010/09/rain-rain-go-away.html

    Izzy loves her tutu and she wore the dress we bought to dancing today. It looked gorgeous! Thanks for being such a nice stall holder!!

    ReplyDelete